I’ve wanted to post this story for a while now… but you know how it goes with wanting to do something & actually getting it down when you have kids :) But today seems like a good day for posting it as my two preteen & teen nieces are here keeping my older kiddos occupied. ;-)
So here’s the story…
We have a dollar bill hanging on our refrigerator. Why you ask? Well, I’ll tell you. We were still living in the travel trailer behind my brother & sister in laws house & frankly I was very discouraged… wondering if we’d end up living there forever. It was only supposed to be for a month- that arrangement. But there I sat 3 months later. There was no light at the end of that tunnel as far as I could see.
Anyhow, we heard a wonderful message that only our pastor can preach about how he finds money in parking lots all the time. A penny here, a quarter there. I think he even found a 10 or 20 dollar bill one time. His point was that every time he picks money up it reminds him that God provides.
Believe me when I tell you this.
We had to go to Wal-Mart after church that SAME night. On the way there Kevin & I were discussing our situation & the house deal that had just fallen through (the house that I wanted so terribly bad!). WE pull into a parking spot & Kevin gets out to go into the store. I can’t recall if it was when he got out of the van or when he was coming back, but he found a perfectly laid dollar bill laying on the ground outside our van.
I’ve saved that dollar bill & plan to print this story to frame the bill & the story. Why? To remind me that GOD always provides. It may just be a dollar, but that dollar has amazing value to us. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment